Are you passionate about climate change? Do you enjoy solving problems? Apply to be our new Technical Delivery Lead!
About Sava and the role
Sava is a growing profitable business, comprising two enterprises:
- Sava Education – an education and information business that supports the UK residential surveying and valuation sector.
- Sava Technology – a software and data analytics business that provides tools and consultancy services to social housing providers to analyse zero carbon strategies.
We’re a team of 35 based in Milton Keynes and we’re now looking for a Technical Delivery Lead. In particular, we’re searching for a logical, critical thinker, who enjoys tackling different problems in a structured way without stifling creativity and innovation. You should be a highly motivated self-starter, have great interpersonal and communication skills, integrity, and a strong desire to deliver the best possible results to ensure customer success.
The right person for our business
This role is all about finding the right person for our business. We will need you to have:
- A good quality degree, or relevant professional experience
- Interest and aptitude for technology, either via your chosen degree or other means if your degree is not technical or scientific
- Minimum of 2 years in a relevant role
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; with the ability to convey ideas and metrics with delivery teams, customers and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to consistently drive product vision and priorities to technical and non-technical stakeholders,
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workflow and ensure deadlines are met
- Customer first/experience mind set
- Confident managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills to navigate and resolve complex technical issues.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
Ideally you will also have:
- An understanding or awareness of Agile methodologies and tools
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle including product lifecycle, project delivery, and broader business experience
- Understanding of relational SQL databases
- Experience with JIRA or any other similar system to manage backlogs, writing user stories
- An interest in climate change and sustainability
At Sava we’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent based on merit and potential.
What you’ll be doing
You will be at the forefront of ensuring our market-leading software product is feature rich, delivered, maintained, and supported. You will be contributing to all aspects of the software lifecycle, from design through to support.
- Contribute to the design and specification of new and existing software products by carrying out underpinning research and producing specifications for specific elements
- Work with the software development team to identify and release new features to existing software and new software products through specification, and testing.
- Communicating product updates and roadmap changes to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and customer success, to ensure our product thrives.
- Carrying out complex, deep dive analysis of technical queries from users or internal stakeholders escalating issues to the software development team to be investigated or suggesting fixes
- Building and managing relationships with integrating software providers in order to meet Sava’s customer success expectations for existing and potential customers
- Providing excellent technical support and training (online and face to face) to users of our software.
The annual salary for this role will be between £36-42k based on the individual. Other aspects of remuneration and employment can be discussed at the interview.
- Life assurance at 4x salary cover
- If applicable; relocation package
- Paid subscriptions to professional membership bodies
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- 5 volunteering days in addition to your annual leave each year
- Specific training where required through a blend of courses, self-learning online and mentoring
- Support to access training and qualifications even if they are not directly related to your day-to-day work
- We believe that it is fundamental to invest in your development, even if that means that one day you outgrow us.
Health and Wellbeing:
- Open, friendly and supportive environment
- Generous long term sick pay scheme
- Confidential helpline for support with emotional, financial, and legal matters
- 24/7 access to online appointments with a private GP
- Support including discounts on gym membership, free counselling for emotional support and health, fitness and lifestyle guidance.
To apply for this opportunity, please write to us with your CV and a covering letter. In the letter we would like you to:
- Explain why you are a good fit for the role
The application process is likely to include the following steps:
- An initial telephone interview
- An online interview using Microsoft Teams
- A short assignment to allow you to further demonstrate your abilities to us
- Online psychometric and aptitude testing
- A face to face second interview at our office in Milton Keynes
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
No agencies please. Applications that are received via agencies will be ignored.
View the full job description here.