An online CPD qualification to develop your skills in the law and management of invasive non-native plant species, including Japanese Knotweed and Giant Hogweed.
- Understand the impact of high profile Invasive Non-Native Plants (INNPs)
- The legal implications in England and Wales relevant to UK INNPs
- Understand management solutions and what they achieve for treating INNPs
- Training material delivered by leading authority on non-native plant species
- Provides in-depth training with assessment to demonstrate knowledge attained
£295 inc. VAT
The qualification is delivered through an online learning platform giving you flexibility as to where and when you undertake your CPD learning. You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
Introduction to Law and Management of invasive non-native plants from Dr Dan Jones
- UK Legislative Framework
Invasive plant legislation and case law is not only UK-based, reflecting the international challenges that invasive alien species (IAS) create
- Japanese Knotweed UK case law
Recent case law is driving changes in the way that invasive plants are perceived in the UK across a wide range of sectors, including the property sector
- Management Plans
What makes a good invasive plant management plan? Knowing this helps us to make informed choices during property surveys and when our clients ask tricky questions!
- Japanese Knotweed control, management and remediation
Is the Japanese Knotweed eradicated or controlled? Knowing what different management processes mean, helps you to help your clients
- Legal Restrictions
There is extensive legislation around the use off herbicides and this informs what can be used and when
There is an online test after completion of the course to demonstrate knowledge attained.
How long does it take?
It will take most people approximately 10 hours to complete.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
Who is the Qualification designed for?
- Professionals working in land and property management, maintenance and contracting etc.
- Members of RICS and other professional bodies such as CIOB and CABE who provide valuations and survey reports for homeowners and lenders
The cost of the qualification is £295 inc. VAT. This includes all online training material, the test and the award of the Sava Certificate.