Sava Celebrates 40 Years of Innovation in the Residential Property Sector.
This year Sava is celebrating 40 years supporting the residential property sector through education, technology and professional services, helping to look after the UK’s 29 million homes.
Since our inception in 1983, we have remained at the forefront of innovation, delivering exceptional training, software solutions and analytical services to our customers, from housing providers and social landlords to surveying firms and those looking to enter the residential property sector.
Over the past four decades, Sava has adapted and evolved to meet the changing needs of the industry, but never lost sight of its overall vision: to make buildings better. The organisation has seen many milestones and achievements over the years, including:
- Instigating the rise of energy ratings for residential properties in the 1980s and developing the UK’s first computer programmes to model energy running costs
- Managing the National Home Energy Rating (NHER) Scheme – eventually the leading scheme for Domestic and Commercial Energy Assessors – under the name National Energy Services
- Supporting Government’s introduction of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) which become law in 2007
- Acquiring SAVA (Surveyors and Valuers Accreditation) in 2003 and training Home Inspectors to produce the Government-mandated Home Condition Report
- Launching our flagship surveying diploma, the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation, in 2014
- Introducing Sava Intelligent Energy software to housing providers in 2019 to help them in their journeys toward zero carbon.
Sava is now recognised as a driving force in the residential property sector, known for its industry-recognised training programmes and expertise in calculation, analysis and improvement planning for reducing energy and carbon in housing. You can read our full story here.
Austin Baggett, Managing Director at Sava, commented:
“Throughout our journey, Sava has consistently demonstrated its ability to adapt to market demands and provide the services required by our industry. We have seen many successes over the years thanks to the diverse expertise of the Sava team, the close relationships we build with our customers and our ongoing commitment to driving innovation.
“Our 40th anniversary is a testament to our dedication to the residential property sector and our strong belief in making buildings safer and more sustainable. We now partner with over 200 UK housing providers to help them achieve their zero carbon goals, whilst the education side of the business continues to train the next generation of highly skilled residential surveyors and valuers to help meet industry demand.
“I would like to thank the entire team at Sava, past and present, for their hard work and support throughout the years. As we embark on the next chapter of our journey, the Sava values and purpose remain as relevant as they were 40 years ago. By helping to make buildings better, we create happier people and a cleaner environment for all – and with a great team in tow, we’ll continue to do so.”